- About Us
- Contact us
- Risk Assessments
Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations - Supervising Lifts (Construction)
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising Lifts qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for individuals who specialise in planning the preparation of site and work activities and planning the lifting activities using cranes and/or lifting equipment to demonstrate their competence.
The awarding body for the qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for this qualification has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and it provides a progression route to discipline related qualifications.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
An initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment is carried out.
If the Candidate is looking to progress to the CPCS Blue card they must already Hold a Red CPCS card in this category
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Evidence can include:
Observation report by assessor
Record of oral and written questioning
Recognition of Prior Learning
Units: To achieve the qualification candidates must complete all of the mandatory Units:
1. Developing and Maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
2. Supervising lifting operations using equipment in the workplace
3. Maintaining the dimensional accuracy of work in the workplace
4. Co-ordinating preparation work for site or lifting operations in the workplace
5. Allocating work and checking people's performance in the workplace
6. maintaining systems for health, safety, welfare and environmental protection in the workplace
7. Co-ordinating and organising the control of the work in the workplace
8. Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace