Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice qualification is aimed at candidates who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedure day-to-day in their organisation. They may be a staff member, supervisor or manager looking to improve their knowledge and skills.
Achievement of the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is now accepted by the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (IOSH) when individuals are applying for Graduate Membership of IOSH.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for the qualifications has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. An initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment is carried out. This qualification is approved for candidates aged 19+
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Evidence can include:
Observation report by assessor
Record of oral and written questioning
Recognition of Prior Learning
Candidates Must Complete all Mandatory Units
1. Promote a positive health and safety culture
2. Develop and implement the health and safety policy
3. Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
4. Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
5. Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
6. Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
7. Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
8. Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
9. Develop and implement health and safety review systems
10. Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
There are no written exams to achieve this qualification. Candidates can complete the course in their own time and can be completed in a few weeks, but most candidates takes 3 to 9 months to complete.
The cost of this course including registration and certificates is £1800.00 zero VAT